VEGAN CHORIZO AND QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
Yes, vegan chorizo. Yes, quinoa stuffed bell peppers. No, Evil Foods is not sponsoring this blog post, but I do love their plant based chorizo.
Stuffed peppers is one of my favorite dinners, and they make a good leftover lunch too!
When I first started paying attention to my health, I knew I wasn't going to be the type to meal prep baked chicken and broccoli. I like my food, and I'm not giving up FLAVOR.
These quinoa stuffed peppers are FULL of flavor, and are filling with plenty of protein and fiber.
Get ready for your new fave stuffed peppers recipe!
4 bell peppers, halved and seeded.
2 cups vegetable stock or water
1 cup quinoa
1 link of No Evil Foods Vegan Chorizo
1 cup frozen corn
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1-2 tbsp garlic
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and lightly oil the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish.
2. Boil stock or water in a large non stick pan and add quinoa. Cook for 15 minutes.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the bell peppers) and mix together. Adjust the salt and spices to taste.
4. Generously fill each bell pepper half with quinoa mixture and set inside the baking dish.
5. Bake for 30 minutes covered. Remove the foil and bake for 20 minutes uncovered, until peppers are soft.
6. Add toppings such as avocado, cilantro, and salsa. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe out, tag me on instagram with your beautiful photos! Can't wait to see!